trivida® wheels achieved outstanding results in clinical trials and product and safety testing. Reinforcing the benefits of the wheel design and quality of construction.
Prof. Dr. B. Greitemann, head of the study “Clinical evaluation, clinical trial, performance test for the product trivida wheel” in 2021, said:
As part of the study, we were able to determine that the divisible wheelchair wheel is a real relief, especially for wheelchair users with paraplegia.
The bike/wheel offers a high degree of safety during the transfer, is also suitable for people who have motor disabilities due to their multiple morbidity and offers caring relatives and nursing staff physical relief in everyday care.
The following results were achieved during the clinical trial:
- Safety – Fitting with the trivida® wheel can be described as a safe variant. Technical problems did not occur during use and the safety of the transfer was rated as safe by the participants compared to their own wheelchair.
- Fewer transfer problems – 90 percent of the study participants attest that the transfer with the trivida® wheel is made significantly easier. The use of trivida® reduces problems such as insecurity, slipping, obstruction by the wheelchair tire and unstable position of the wheelchair during transfer.
- Fewer dangers – The study showed a significant reduction in the potential dangers in transfer situations with the trivida® wheel. Slipping and injury from sharp-edged parts of the wheelchair were seen as particularly dangerous when using one’s own wheelchair, and increased wear and tear on clothing was also described.
- Easy handling – All study participants rated the handling of the trivida® wheel as easy or very easy.
- High subjective benefit – The participants rated the average benefit of the new wheel for improving transfer situations in everyday life as high, with an average value of 7.4 out of a possible 10 points.